“We have never done anything like this before. We took a leap of faith and believed in the idea and the strategy…we are thrilled with the success within New Brunswick and across the country. We are hearing overwhelmingly positive comments and people are considering a visit here because of the video.”
Director of Marketing
A provincial destination marketing organization (DMO) wanted to surprise, entertain and delight would-be travelers with an East of Ordinary Experience.
As their Agency of Record, we delivered an experiential event to the client as a way to make waves in the Ontario market beyond a conventional media buy. The creative and integrated marketing teams were tasked to deliver an authentic experience that would share the unique New Brunswick culture with the world.
- Planned and hosted an authentic kitchen party in Toronto where guests could visit New Brunswick landmarks in Virtual Reality (VR)
- Shared and promoted videos of the New Brunswick experience through owned, earned, and paid channels
- Amplified the message out in a way that was both personal and measurable
- Paid content marketing Atavist
- YouTube, Facebook, Instagram & Twitter
- Gro Pro 6 camera 360° rig
The campaign generated more than 2 million impressions including half a million on Facebook, more than 400,000 video views, and thousands of shares and Atavist article views, and a significant increase in traffic to the DMO’s website.
Check out the party and join in the experience: